Okay . . . .I was not going to say anything about it until a patron commented on it, but it has now happened. I just had a patron ask me if we were 'making popcorn for the movie?". I had to explain that we are not showing movie and that was most likely a staff member making a snack.
Unlike just about any other snack that is consumed in the back room, popcorn's aroma wafts throughout the library.
I am not going to ban it, but I am going to ask for some restictions. First DON"T BURN IT!!! If you do, please take it outside immediately. I know at least one of you told me that you prefer burnt popcorn, but that needs to stop.
Second, if you make popcorn, please close *both* of the doors to the back. This will keep the smell from going all over the library.
Let's try this and if it helps, then there are no problems. If this doesn't fix things though, we might have to simply not make it here any more.
Thanks,
Brandon
No comments:
Post a Comment